Mom's Morning Eggs
Donny grew up in Hong Kong eating eggs — lots and lots of eggs.
Every morning, Donny’s mom made scrambled eggs over bread for him to eat before he went to school. Sometimes, Donny would become incredibly grumpy because he did not want to be stuck with eggs! In fact, young Donny may have cried a few times. Once in awhile, his mom would go down the street to pick up freshly made rice rolls for him instead of making eggs.
Oddly enough, when his mom made the SAME scrambled eggs on the weekends, he could not stop eating it.
“I just can't remember why I would hate it so much during the weekdays. I was a weird kid,” recalls Donny.
Today, Donny loves scrambled eggs over bread. He can eat it everyday for any meal. And when he feels like it, he would even add a side salad.
So cheers to all the incredible mothers who love us and feed us despite our fickleness as kids… and maybe even as grown-ups!
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Maggi Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Oil
- A big pinch of pepper
- Piece of white bread
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl.
- Add 3/4 tsp Maggi Seasoning and a pinch of pepper.
- Break up the yolks with a folk and whisk everything together to combine.
- Heat the pan on high flames. Get it hot and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let it sit on the heat and try not to stir until the bottom begins to set.
- Stir and fold the egg mixture with your spatula until it becomes a soft looking mass that is still runny in places. Remember, no one likes dry scrambled eggs!
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Put a slice of bread on a plate and scoop the eggs over the bread.
Maggi is magic. It's a bit like soy sauce and can go in almost anything as a seasoning. Soy sauce purists often scoff at a statement like that, but we think it may because they have not experience the Maggi magic yet.